Education & Portfolios
Online instruction and resources
for high school students
(2014 - present)
(2012 - 2014)
Educational Media and Technology (MA) Graduate Portolio
Master of Arts in Educational Media & Technology
obtained at Eastern Michigan University, 2014
(last updated 2014)
Post-Baccalaureate Undergraduate Technology Portfolio
Secondary Teaching Certificate
obtained at Eastern Michigan University, 2007
(last updated 2007)
Bachelors of Arts in English Literature and Film & Video Studies
obtained at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor, 2003
Curriculum & Instructional Design
TPS Television (2008-present)
TPS Television studio
* Ongoing revisions to Electronic Media program curriculum over the course of 10 years, class size increases, and funding changes
* Repeat recipient of Trenton Educational Foundation Collaborative Grant
* Recognized for advising award-winning student production crews
* Alumni have continued with production-related studies at: Columbia College, The University of Michigan, Michigan State University, Central Michigan University, Specs Howard School of Media Arts, and more.
*Student enrollment since date of hire shows dramatic increase of female and special needs students and over twice as many sections of students pursuing advanced media studies.
District Technology Committee (2011-present)
*Educational Technology Professional Development Presenter and Mentor at Trenton High School.
* Collaborated on instructional design for system instruction with Technology Committee.
* Led interactive training sessions with 50+ staff members.
* Ongoing educational technology staff support, including tutorials, videos, and one-on-one consulting.
Language Arts Curricular Enhancement
*Created support media (videos, technical documentation) to assist students in utilizing advanced features of Microsoft Word during a complex research project.
*Designed and infused collaborative multimedia presentation activities into English 11 courses.
Void Tactical Outreach (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Split Horizon showing the ropes to a student.
"Bringing the installations and sounds of Void Tactical Media to Trenton High School, Void Tactical Outreach provides students with a hands-on introduction to multimedia art and electronic music."
Jam Session Excerpt